Slovakia has been the land of excellent investment opportunities for three decades now.
The country offers a highly reliable and qualified workforce, a truly European entrepreneurial environment, and a strategic location in the heart of Europe. Having attracted a great number of successful investments over the last couple of decades, Slovakia is now more open than ever to new projects in just about any sector.
|Official Name||Slovak Republic|
|Area||49 034 km2|
|Regions||Bratislava, Trnava, Trenčín, Nitra, Žilina, Banská Bystrica, Prešov, Košice|
|Membership||EU, Eurozone, Schengen, OECD, WTO, NATO|
|GDP per capita||15 177 €|
|Currency||Euro (as of 1 January 2009)|
|Time zone||UTC + 1|
|Electoral System||Proportional representation|
|Electoral Term||4 years|
|International ports||Bratislava, Komárno (inland)|
|International airports||Bratislava, Košice, Poprad|
GDP source: International Monetary Fund, 2016
WHY INVEST IN SLOVAKIA
- The country’s political and economic stability makes for a safe environment for investments.
- A favourable geographic location at the heart of Europe – potential of up to 350 million customers in a 1,000 kilometre radius.
- The fastest growing Eurozone member.
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) leadership in Doing Business for 10 years in a row (2002 – 2013)
- CEE leadership in Physical Property Rights Protection.
- CEE leadership in labour productivity and a place among the TOP 10 hard-working countries (according to OECD surveys).
- The country’s labour force is highly adaptable to different business cultures and management styles.
- Worldwide No. 9 in adapting to new technologies and high innovation potential.
- Slovakia uses the Euro as the official currency unlike many other CEE countries.
- Attractive investment incentives.